Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome! or, The Birth of this Blog

I was surprised that I could not find more resources for new Muslim Moms online, so I decided to create my own. As the proud parent of a new son, we have lots of questions, a few answers, and a desire to connect with other parents, Muslim and non-Muslim, trying to raise their children to be healthy and happy human beings.

As our baby boy (the Baboo) becomes a big boy, I - with the everpresent input from Muslim Dad, my husband - will cover the ups and downs, the good, the bad, and the poopy.

Of course, there's always the chance that I might just decide to rant on the headlines of the day...

7 comments:

Scarf Ace said...

I agree, there are not a lot of sources from Muslim Moms out there. Here is a link to one I found last year that gave me some comfort and some annoyance at the same time, it's called A MUSLIM MOTHER'S THOUGHTS:
http://islamicparenting.blogspot.com/2004_06_01_archive.html

Still, overall it was an interesting perspective from topics as cloth diapers to children's TV shows. The blog is now closed, but I think she is keeping her old posts up.

Scarf Ace said...

P.S. Just wanted to add, the blog I mentioned above is nowhere near as well-done as this one! :-)Looking forward to more...

mummyjaan said...

A/A,

A very nice blog and idea. There aren't many posts but since you have an 8-month old son, that's completely acceptable and understandable :)!

Will visit again inshaAllah.

Sue Me said...

excellent. first time ive come across this site as well. i recently started muslimmums.co.za for muslim mothers in south africa...look forward to networking insha allah

Anonymous said...

Assalmualkum everyone,

I am happy I came across this blog. This is probably the second best Muslim blog I came across. I just wanted to share with you a site that has Eid ul-Adha activity printables for kids, since Eid is about two weeks away inshallah. Many teachers and moms used them already!
www.sonbolightkids.com

... said...

Hi
I just found your blog by chance..i've that idea years ago and it was a side blog in my online activities as i concern mainly in arabic literature,writing stories and so..
But now after my kids just grown up enough i decided to give more care of my mom blog..their problems now are so interesting to talk about and to discuss..i'm an Egyptian muslim mom..and i feel i've much to tell raising my own kids..i'm pleased to find yours :)

Traveller said...

Great blog.
From:
www.woodbridgeco-op.blogspot.com